Sunday, November 25, 2007

University level chat... continued.

Dear Holly:

What is it with this term "ass" that I've been hearing all the time lately, anyway, as in "that's so ass"? Can you explain it to me? Man, sometimes I feel way too old - a 29 year old like you wouldn't be able to relate, I'm sure.

About Labatt Blue - here I think it was always sold in brown bottles. All the beer here was actually sold in stubby bottles until the late 80s or so - all brown. Then they also had quart bottles. (I don't know what happened to those - I rather like them). Now a bunch of these facnier beers come in clear bottles but some real beerhounds (unlike myself - just a beer pup) have said to avoid those ones as the light destroys the taste of the beer.

So, maybe that's the reason for getting rid of the green? Or, perhaps it's a Tim Bits conspiracy, as you say.

I am off the mosaics again, having completed an insane amount of unspecified gifts for people... (can't post because some of the people read the blog). The kicky beret sounds good! I'm going to be starting a pageboy cap by Stitch Diva maybe today. Have to finish my MDK tribute collection first, of course.

Just got back from the evil Loblaws. It was the first time in a while that I've managed to get there at the same time as JJ - meaning I could stack up on 10 bags of szechuan chips instead of two, as he was paying. It is also the first time JJ has been on a weekend in a long time - usually he goes during the week on his off days. We've been back half an hour now and he is still ranting on about ignoramuses (ignorami?) walking through the store shouting on cell phones, although he has finally gotten off the topic of "why does President's Choice make their sausage rolls with CHICKEN?!?!". That's just ass. :-)

I think that you and I should make it a point to hit La Belle Province sometime soon. There must be a LYS or two in Montreal - and the alcohol is cheap!!! And available in corner stores, unlike here where we must trek to the Store of Liquors or the Beer Store.

And - rest assured - you never have to drink alone. I will always be glad to hoist a pint or three with you - and we're even in the same time zone. Keep up the evil Holly and have fun fun fun. Vive le Dimension 49th!!!

Back to the MDK project now... am getting sick of it and must finish.

No comments: