Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cross that Border Hat

Dear Kristina,


How is Canada today? It's so windy in Michigan, and even though my math is bad, I pretty good with the directions and I've got a feeling that if you see a hat that looks like this...
the wind took it from me and I believe it's now somewhere near Buffalo and may make it up to your way by around 2 this afternoon.

I could always knit another, but really, why look back when there are so many more silly hats to fill the world with?

Speaking of filling, does Tim Hortons no longer make the custard filled Tim Bits, or are some evil donut girls hoarding all the good ones in their little aprons? Or am I required to ask special for the good ones?

Also, my love of Timmy's started when I was 15. I went on a cross border trek with an older boy not realizing that Canada is a great country full of donuts and beer. Oh, do they still make Durango, a weird Berry flavored malt beverage concoction?

Anyway, I was gleefully allowed into the country. But because of my very Michigan/Canadian border accent, it took several hours for me to regain enterance back into the states. Why? 15 year olds with older boyfriends who don't expect to leave the country don't carry their birth certificates with them when planning on going to a movie.

No comments: