Saturday, November 17, 2007

acquisitions and an imminent merger

Hey Holly -

Hope the day is treating you well, and trust that you have not been eaten by a zombie or any such foolish thing.

My day is going swimmingly thus far. First order of the day was to clean the bedroom:

And did I? Did I hell.

Instead, I blogged ... then blogged some more... then worked on my subversive pinko art piece.

Then, of course, it was time to go shopping (the Payday holiday has been a three day spending extravaganza, even by my standards)!

First, the daily stop at the health food provisioners to pick up some energy bars and other healthy items:

Next stop, the LYS, where the fabulous Haley, as promised, had some cheery coloured fingering weight cotton in stock (she called it "Kristina coloured" on the phone yesterday when I checked it...)

Dale Svale Stork - on sale for $3.90/ball!!!

What's it for? I'll give you a hint... not socks. Stay tuned...

Then, after a boring stop at Shoppers, I hit the Goodwill. Here's what I scored there:

A novel by one of the Blackadder writers... and some neckties!

And, even better...
$2.99 for the fancy gerbara ornament and $4.50 for the china pieces (at my LMS - conveniently located right across the street from the Goodwill! Will be having a little wedding ceremony for these two this evening.

And, lest you think I'm completely selfish, I feel I was quite fair in purchasing for JJ. He gets dinner tonight:

... Scottish energy bars and elixir:



... and tomorrow's brekkie for him to take to work:

And here's my brekkie for tomorrow:
On the way home out of the LCBO I ran into one of my buddies. She suggested we grab a pint at a pub across the street called - wait for it - the Duke and Daisy - she's a regular there but I hadn't been before. Cozy place, and the price was right - and of course, you can't drink just one...

By the time I staggered back to my place, I had decided to take a detour to the back of the building just to doublecheck the Treasures from Trash situation. And, lo and behold:

Glassware!
A funky Judas candle (not that Judas - another one)!

... and even a whole pizza!!

(just kidding about the pizza. I had ordered it when heading over to the LCBO and said I'd be back to pick it up in half an hour. Of course, I then got sidetracked. I'm lucky it was still waiting for me two hours later!)

I couldn't manage to get the booty upstairs what with all the other bags of goodies, so I ran up, left the bags, and rushed back down as quickly as possible.

During that minute-long interval, however, the door leading out to the back ended up locked. Foiled again by Mario, the superintendent!!!!
However, I figured out the quickest alternate route and ran, suspecting I would find Mario munch my pizza - but the stuff was still there.

And... I found my lucky lighter on the balcony!
A tremendous day.

No comments: