Friday, November 23, 2007

Canajan cold fronts?

Hey Holly: I take it you haven't recovered yet from the wine, mayo and smoked turkey combo last evening. For my part I've got the mid-afternoon munchies and seem to have consumed my entire stash - aside from a packet of sesame snaps, which seem too healthy right now. SIGH.

I had a good laugh when I visited Amy's blog today.
And this all the way down in Oklahoma. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that just north of Texas??? We Canadians get blamed for everything! And all because of some squeaky voiced cartoon dweebs:


So, yes, yes, Blame Canada! I don't care because I ... AM ... CANADIAN!!!


This is a screenshot from an old ad campaign for this brand of beer: The guy, who was nicknamed Joe Canadian, used to go on and rant about the differences between Canadians and Americans. Some of us found it quite amusing - but there are two things about it which highlight the schizoid "don't know who we really are - British or American?" nature of the Canadian public:

(a) it took a beer ad to get people thinking patriotically about themselves in this country; and
(b) the motivating beer ad stopped airing in 2005. Why? Because Molson has now merged with Coors (an American company).

Bastards. Good thing I drink Keith's IPA.

Molson is swill. Here is the father of Keith's, Alexander, himself.



He looks a lot cooler than Joe Canadian above, too. And very obviously a true Canadian.

But wait! What's this I see in the blurb about him?

A young Scottish immigrant, Alexander Keith established his Halifax brewery at the age of 25 years.


He's from SCOTLAND?!?!? JJ will never let me live it down. Sigh.

No comments: