Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday morning blues...

Dear Holly: I'm so glad to hear what a purist you are respecting the use of certain three letter words beginning with "a" and ending with "s". I'm not as much as a purist as you, and tend to use variants such as "jack@$$". I really do think, however, that you should patent the term "recycled robot asses".

You've probably seen this particular variant of "ass" on line: I never had until a colleague posted it on the work listserve the other day, in the context of discussing a certain local paraweasel who shall remain nameless. My colleague wrote: "...Hopefully, they will soon realize what an @$$#0|e [X ]is..". I must have laughed for about half an hour. Wish I'd thought of it!

Given how great your beret looks on you, I really think you should take up knitting them almost exclusively. I would myself, but given that I look like this when wearing a beret:


... I think I'd best focus on other headgear (such as a knitted "brown paper bag" with eyeholes, perhaps) . For my part, for a change I decided to do something for another and knit a vest for JJ (who bought me the yarn for it, oh... maybe three months ago?!). Also stupidly started a multicoloured scarf with the rest of the sock yarn left on the miniatures. It takes approximately 15 minutes to finish one row. At this rate, the scarf will be ready for Christmas... 2025!

I hasten to say that I have not been knitting with piano wire (although might as well have been, frankly). This pleasure is left to a MIL from hell (not mine, gladly - one benefit to living with someone twice your age is... no inlaws!!!!).

I think I now know what knitting tastes like, having been too lazy to head to Tim's this morning and gotten an orange cruller at Coffee Time instead. Now at work, reading number 64 of approximately 2,000 recent housing law decisions (at the same time I'm composing this post, too. Aren't I a genius??). Bored, bored, bored and it's only Monday at 10:00 a.m.

Oh, SHUT UP, Kristina!!!


That's better.

Very envious of your Brit chocolate collection. However, in three weeks' time I'll be in London and will get to buy all the Brit chocolate I can afford!!! hee hee hee

Heading to the LYS at lunch hour - to buy buttons only. Yes, you heard it here first. I'm going to the yarn store but will not be buying any yarn. (The co-workers have a pool running on the outcome of this trip, I'm advised. I don't know the odds. Probably 1,000 to 1!)

Cheers,

Kristina

1 comment:

Holly Bee said...

We are in fact awesome!

Also, I loved that beret. It inspired my own kicky start. The Ogre says mine is actually jaunty.

How'd the buttons go?