Friday, December 7, 2007

winter wonderland and TGIF

Hi Holly:

If I ever get tired of the fabulous pink jacket, it's yours. But don't hold your breath.

You are ultra-cool for wearing green army jackets. I'm too wimpy to do so - plus green makes me look nauseated, really.

My news: it's a bit warmer outside. Which is a good thing. Also, yesterday I took this to the landlord/tenant continuing legal education session:



I'm quite embarrassed to report that 4 hours or so of knitting (and 3 1/2 hours or so of frogging) yielded only this:


Morals of the story:

(a) always carry stitch markers; and

(b) read and memorize that part in the lace books about "lifelines".

Also, perhaps

(c) do not try to knit lace while snorting coffee (AM) or diet coke (PM) from nose at preposterous statements made by landlord lawyers about "professional tenants". (I thought "professional" meant "earning money", not "shelling out $1000/month plus to landlord... or not, as the case may be.")

I would really very much like to see an online tutorial about the art of i-cord and swizzle sticks and crotch ties and piss artists! I bet The Anticraft would snatch that one up...

Looking forward to 5:00 p.m., when all the lady poverty law advocates, tired from a long day of slaying landlords, employers, mindless bureaucrats, etc and drinking their blood, repair to a local establishment to drink beer and wine and then to the Indian buffet for a victory feast (or a bitch session, depending upon the mood).

Wishing you a marvellous weekend - think of me operating a steam shovel in my apartment to remove all the debris and fighting my way through the hordes at the Yorkdale Mall. SIGH.

No comments: