Saturday, December 1, 2007

shameless yarn-coveting hussy!

Dear Holly:

Well, I hope this weekend is treating you well and that you are not snowed under down there. The weather has settled up here finally although it is $#*($&*@#($&*(@#$&*@$# cold. What are you, Ogre, Pigs, etc. up to these days?

Me - a quiet weekend at home rolling around in my stash - JJ is at work, poor sod. But don't feel too sorry for him. He works at a Canadian Forces base which is a large training facility. As such, the weekend work comes with unlimited quantities of top-notch food catered in for trainings, banquets, etc - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Paid for by yours truly, Canadian Taxpayer - my tax dollars at work!!!

(If I have remembered not to gloat too much at him at 5:00 a.m. when he is stumbling around trying to leave the house and swearing and trying to find his bloody necktie, he sometimes brings some home for me as well. So, I can't really complain.)

So - his job on the weekends essentially consists of:

- playing spider solitaire
- doing the weekend cryptic in the Globe and Mail
- watching videos
- eating free delicious food

For this, he gets paid $17.85/hour. Not too shabby.

For my part, I am avoiding housework, trying to make more headway on JJs cardigan and admiring my new yarn acquisitions, not necessarily in that order. Here's just one of them:



I had intended to get up early and drive JJ to work so that I could head out to the Shoe Company later - a coworker acquired a very funky pair of pink and black boots there the other day for $30 and said that they have deep discounts on all of last year's boots. However, last evening's sojourn with the Tenant Advocates took its toll, and I couldn't get out of bed. I could take the bus up to the Shoe Company, but I'm not yet into dealing with the extreme cold. (I think I'm still also mourning the end of Garage Sale/Yarn Sale Season, to be honest.) I do need to get my @$$ off the couch and get to the dollar store to see if I can find some styrofoam or light plastic fruit for another Carmen Miranda headdress as I am going to a Christmas party next Saturday where I have to do a party piece, and want to play Carmen with a headdress I can actually wear for more than 2 minutes. I also need to hit the Turkish store for some provisions (Greek food at half the price! Go figure!!!). But I think this will all have to wait until tomorrow - I just have to keep telling myself that if I drive JJ to work I can make a stop at Tim Hortons on the way back....

Let me know your news!

Cheers,

Kristina

No comments: