Sunday, December 2, 2007

c-c-c-c-c-c-cold comforts!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration to head out and buy boots, Holly. Having just read your blog post about big yarn bargains (and are you sure you aren't Canadian, by the way? Zombie prom while drinking beer? Take off, eh?), I think that I will have to brave the cold and get out to the bus stop - with my shabby old winter boots.

Your new yarn rocks as well. I'm so jealous that you can find Mission Falls (Canadian, by the way!) for $2-3. Here it costs $6.00. I made both of my Tomatoes with Mission Falls!!! If there is such a wonderful bargain wizard yarn tenant in Toronto, I haven't found it - and, believe you me, I have tried.

Do send me that membership card - you never know when I will cash it in! On Friday I go to pick up my passport... look out, America!!!

My other news: I have a king size headache from trying to graph a lace pattern which I am submitting to Interweave Knits (who made the mistake of saying they like getting stuff from new designers) tomorrow. This without a knitting design program and with shameful drawing skills to boot. I have the blood of approximately 10 trees on my hands at present, due to the fact that it seems I don't believe in doing things in pencil either (and, as such, don't have one anywhere to be found). You probably heard me swearing from all the way down there.

This has, of course, cut into my quality housecleaning time.

So, I'll just have to spend the afternoon boozing...
...er, of course I meant "knitting", instead. My housewifely duties (if you don't count working on the cardigan for JJ) today will consist of making a big-@$$ pork roast that I bought at Loblaws for some reason. The equivalent of eight pork chops for two people. What was I thinking?! I also have some (real, the kind I get paid for) work to do. Yawn.

Best head out to the Shoe Company before I exhaust myself thinking about it all.

Cheers,

Kristina

No comments: