Tuesday, December 4, 2007

December blahs

Holly: very sorry to hear about your furnace. Stay safe!

It is a coping mechanism of mine to think of summer and warm-weather things when I can't otherwise feel my fingers or toes (which definetely happened when I was awaiting my bus home last night for 20 minutes!) - hence, purchase of the lovely cotton.

Please don't cry - before you know it, it will be summer again!

That story they used to show you at school sounds as though it would have been quite traumatic to watch. What was the point of it?? Sounds like some of these old "mental hygiene" movies as they were called - films made for guidance class in the 50s and 60s. If you ever see an ad for the "Mental Hygiene Film Festival" in your neck of the words, check it out. There was one guy who made about 100 of these doom and gloom movies about child safety, starring his own son who usually met some horrible end or other. E.g. Johnny and friends playing with gas and a zippo lighter...but I shouldn't really find this funny, I guess - and you have kids!

Reading your post, I feel like bursting into song:


The sun will come out tomorrow...
so you'd better hang on till tomorrow, come what may...


And, if I had as much $$$ as this guy:

...I'd buy you some lovely pretty handmaiden dandelion yarn to banish them ol' winter blues.

The sun is out here today, yes. It makes a big difference. But it's still damn cold.

Cheers,

Kristina

No comments: