Monday, January 7, 2008

don't hate me...

Dear Southern Friend:

Well, I just returned from the Boxing Day sale at John Fluevog. I have good news and bad news. In time honoured tradition the bad news first.

I located nothing on sale. Well, that's not strictly true. I located three fab "last pairs" of shoes for $99 and swooped them up joyously. The sales person then raised an eyebrow and said "Dear, who are those for?!?" Turns out they were size 12.

But, undaunted, I perservered - and the good news (for me, although not for my pocketbook) is that I acquired not one, but two new pairs of shoes!

Here is the first, called Saint Michael:



And the second? So new, they're not even on the website yet. They are close in appearance, however, to Supervogs and they are cherry red/burgundy in colour. Pics on my blog tomorrow.

Don't hate me, dear friend. I just couldn't resist. All the money I didn't spend abroad (because I didn't feel like shelling out double for clothes I could buy in Toronto) was burning a hole in the pocketbook. And, they appear to have lowered the prices in the shop up here to match the US ones, which makes it easier to justify. I'll tell JJ that one pair is for Aphrodite. Do you think he'll buy that?

And - you should get yourself a pair. I have it on good authority that they are not only Satan free but Zombie free as well!

I must say it is really good to be back in TO (aside from the rather paltry snack situation). I'm munching on a slice of Mamma's Pizza and enjoyed a Boston Cream from Timmy's this morning. And - it's 13 celsius out!

No comments: