Friday, March 14, 2008

Oh, I think this can work!

Dear Kristina!!

I think I can be Canadian! With your pointers and my family's already close proximity to the border and love of Timmy's I really think this could be a go!

(a) I can start throwing u's into things. Not a problem here. I already spell grey the non Murcan way, because well, it looks prettier.

(b) Learn Celsius? I have to work on my Fahrenheit! I have been using Celsius since 1982 when I was told that we were switching. I've been holding my breath ever since. It's a good thing I work in the medical field (when I work.)

(c) Our dollar is weak, so we praise how clever your Canadian currency is. I'm thinking of selling some silver up there soon.

(d) Yeah, the whole government thing. That will take some getting used to. But I'm used to posting edu-ma-cational propagada around the house "for the Pigs." So, if we go North, we'll just have the Learn Your Prime Ministers! Poster instead of the Learn Your Presidents! Poster.

You know, I took French in high school, so I can ask where the bibliotecha is. That may be all I've got, but it's something.

I think the family could pull this off. Now, I just have to work on the Ogre...

No comments: