Wednesday, March 12, 2008

more daylight!

Dear Holly:

Yes, we too go through the confusion, fatigue and ridiculousness caused by Daylight Savings Time. I suspect that our reliance on this stupid principle from the south has more to do with TV schedules than everyone else, frankly. Why the hell else create a situation where we have to live in the dark all winter.

And they wonder why most suicides happen in winter??? Hello!!!

So, I've taken advantage of the sleepness to reblock old knitting projects:



...ride back and forth on the subway to finish this scarf (because I promised myself I would only knit it in public):



...eat nourishing and healthy foods:



(this is the French name, by the way. It's "Oreo Loaded" in English. I prefer the French name - gotta love living in a bilingual country!!!)

... and drinking Tim Horton's finest by the litre.

So, those are my tips to you, my friend to the south... although I do agree with your theory - one little Canadian glitch though, in Newfoundland they are already half an hour off the time (that is, their time zone is 1/2 hour removed from that of Eastern Canada! When it is 8:00 in Halifax it is 8:30 in St Johns. And you think America is the butt of all the jokes?!? LOL).

And - just start gearing up now, as next year I think they're changing the time by two hours, no?

Sigh.

Take it easy,

Kristina

No comments: